Sunday, November 20, 2011

Ninja 1200 Blender

Ninja™ Kitchen System 1200 Blender

When I started my 33-Day Detox, I was given a Ninja 1200 Blender set by my husband. I originally wanted a Vita-Mix but after watching different reviews, we decided the Ninja was a better bargain and would do the same thing. We purchased it at Bed, Bath & Beyond using a 20% off coupon. (As of this writing, the Ninja Kitchen doesn't have this blender listed on their website, so click here to see the 1200 system.)

The Ninja is a powerful blender. It has a tiered column of very sharp blades that pull items down into the blender and chops foods up nicely and quickly. I ran just water and ice in it one day and the ice turned out like shaved sno-cone ice. This machine will be used daily in the summer I am sure. :) It blends frozen foods with ease. I have made several smoothies with it and it has done well. I am very pleased. I have not used the dough making system yet, but definitely will. 

After using the machine for several weeks now, I have some pros and cons about it. (The honeymoon phase is over so to say, so I do have some cons to share.)

Pros:
  • Blends well and quickly, including frozen foods
  • Very sharp blades
  • Plastic pitchers with easy to read measuring marks
  • 2 pitchers - one 72 oz, one 40 oz
  • Easy to use
  • Lids and inside parts are color coded. Gray for 40 oz, black for 72 oz
  • Easy push-button on / off
  • Easy to clean
  • Suction cups to keep the machine in one place on the counter
  • While running, the 72 oz. lid has opening to add ice cubes and 40 oz. lid only has opening to add liquids through the pour spout
Cons:
  • A little difficult to clean the lids (if you rinse it well after each use, it's not difficult)
  • A little difficult to clean the blade assembly (you don't want to get cut!)
  • One of my kids didn't get the blade top into the lid correctly and the machine still came on causing a little damage to the lid but could have caused more damage to the pitcher or worse
  • Cost of $159.99
There are four or five of us using the blender on a daily basis so we'll see how long the motor lasts. It comes with a year warranty so that's good. For me, I'm 95% happy with it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment