Saturday, December 17, 2011

YAY!! I Am Finally An ADULT!!

What?!?! Have I gone off my rocker? Well, probably so, but bear with me.

When you think of "adult" what comes to mind? 18 years old and can vote? 21 years old and can buy alcohol? How about you're in your 30's and married? For me, it's bifocals. I know, I know. I have gone off my rocker. :) But, today during my eye exam  I told the doctor about my issues with not being able to see things up close - that I have to push things back in order to focus on them. He tested my eyes and sure enough, I need bifocals. That was the easy part of my exam.  When he mentioned the possibility of having glaucoma later on, that kinda threw me for a loop. I asked questions. He patiently answered them. In a nutshell, he said something about my right eye showing a tendency towards glaucoma. He also mentioned I had a "freckle" in my eye. You can't see it unless you shine this really, really, really bright light into it for a long time (believe me, that's what happened). But, did I ask questions about this? No. He did volunteer that we need to keep an eye on it. HAHA no pun intended. :) It may be nothing or it could be a tumor. So, yeah, bifocals don't seem so bad now, do they?!?! :)

At any rate, I am in God's hands and He can heal my eyes and anything else He wants to. I am having some hearing issues ...another symptom of getting old. <COUGH> Errr <COUGH> turning into an ADULT. :)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on adulthood. :-) I'm stopping by to say hi from Molly's Home Team.

    ReplyDelete