Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Fresh Green Beans

I am in a veggie co-op and I received some fresh green beans almost 2 weeks ago, so not really as fresh as they could be, but they aren't canned so we'll go with *fresh*. :)

I have never made fresh green beans but I did tonight and this is what I did.

I snapped the ends off of the beans. Got a pot of salted water boiling and added them for 6 minutes. The recipe I was following said 5 minutes but I didn't think it was boiling good enough so I added an extra minute. :) Then, I poured them into a colander and rinsed with cold water. While the beans were boiling, I got a saucepan out and put 3 TB butter and about 1/2 TB of refrigerated minced garlic in the pan. I sauteed that about a minute then added the beans. I cooked these until they were tender enough for us and only added salt, pepper and a little garlic powder. Yum. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment