Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A new recipe I created...

Well, I thought I'd try something new. I decided to be creative and make a meal from hamburger meat but I really didn't know what sounded good, so I threw some stuff together and ended up with a yummy dish. Since I thought you might like to try it, I will include the recipe below. Mind you, I threw things together, so it's all approximate. :)

Beef & Noodle (?)

  • 1 pound of ground beef, browned and drained
  • 1 package brown instant rice (mine come 4 to a box and I used one plastic package)
  • about 20 or so thin spaghetti strips broken into rice-a-roni sized pieces (I didn't count them but I did use whole grain pasta)
  • 3 TB of butter (I did measure this)
  • 2 beef bouillon cubes
  • 3 - 3 1/2 cups of hot water
  • about 1 TB garlic powder (use less if you don't like garlic...we LOVE it)
  • dash of pepper
To a large skillet over medium to medium high heat, add butter. Once melted, add rice and broken spaghetti. Stir. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until pasta is browned. Turn down the heat if needed so you don't burn pasta and rice. Once browned, add water, bouillon cubes, garlic powder and pepper. Stir well. Reduce to simmer and let cook until pasta and rice are ready to eat. (If you should have extra water in the pan, it's ok. It should absorb while sitting.) While rice is cooking, brown meat in separate skillet. Drain. Add to rice mixture after rice mixture is done. Stir. Continue cooking on low until all water is gone. If you want, you can skip this last step and just set the pan aside. If yours is like mine was, I had a little water left in my pan but after I set it aside for about 5 minutes, the water was gone. 

If you make this, let me know what you thought of it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment