Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Ready for my diet??

No. If I look at it as it's a "diet" - absolutely not. If I look at it as a change in my life - then YES! I am ready to go on my 33 Day Detox. 3 days of apples. I am pretty sure I can do this. I may not eat but ONE apple on my 3rd day, but we'll see. After the 3 days, I can eat raw fruits and veggies, seeds and nuts, and canned beans. Yummm. :) I cannot eat packaged or processed foods, caffeine, dairy, meat, breads or grains. I can have almond, coconut, soy, or rice milk. I already know I like almond milk. Marcee had to drink rice milk after she was a year old because she couldn't tolerate cow's milk. She only stayed on it for about a year before she was able to handle cow's milk. At any rate, we'll see how things go. My entire family is going to go through this with me. :) Tom is a bit on the negative side, so we'll see if he jumps in with us or watches from the sidelines. Whatever the case, I have to do this for me. For my health. For my kids' health. I know I cannot dictate when I will leave this earth, but I need to do what I can to take care of my health. I want to be the kind of grandma that plays with my grandkids. Not the one who is too fat and out of breath to walk more than 5 feet. So, our Day 1 starts Friday. Nate wants to start on Thursday so we'll see. I'll let you know if we start tomorrow. :) Please pray for us. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment