Friday, December 2, 2011

Advent Day 1

I'm going to be a day off it looks like, but that's ok. I'm flexible. :) Yesterday was Day 1 on our Advent Calendar. The activity was "Pray together." So, Tom and I, along with our six kids, made a circle and held hands. We all took turns to pray wonderful, thoughtful prayers. Each child being reverent and respectful for each other and so loving and kind. <insert album screech here> Wait! That's not how it happened? Well, no, not really. It was my PLAN but my kids are well, my kids, and it was more like this...

"God, thank you for this day." <good so far, right?!> then "Thank you for letting us help the less needy children." <ahem! I think they mean "less fortunate"> "Thank you for candy and please help Wesley because he's about to squeeze my hand off." <loving siblings> "Thank you for letting the kids obey." <hahaha> <Insert kids laughing sporadically here and one child saying "Watch out for the llamas. They spit." So, yeah, thankfully God has a sense of humor and I'm sure he was smiling at our family last night. I'd rather have him smiling then sending lightening bolts!! :)

Today is Day 2 so we will be taking Christmas pictures. We'll see how that goes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment