Tuesday, January 17, 2012

God is so awesome!

I continue to be amazed at God and what all He does in the lives of my loved ones. :) Tom and I have been discussing the possibility of adopting a baby. I had the opportunity to talk to all of my kids (who are still at home) at the same time the other day so I had them sit in the living room and told them what Dad and I were thinking of doing and waited for their responses. All but one were gung-ho and ready to go forward. Some even specified their preferences followed by a general "doesn't matter if it's a boy or girl if we can help him/her." The one hold out caused me concern. I need everyone on board if we're going to go forward. So, I asked this one person if he/she would do me a favor and just pray about it. They responded that they would. A few days later, I asked this person if he/she had been praying and the response was yes. I then asked if they had an answer and the response was "It's ok, mom." Brings tears to my eyes just thinking of those small words that carry so much weight. I think we're all afraid of getting attached and our hearts getting ripped out of our chest if we don't get to keep the child, but if we can touch one person for Christ, won't it be worth it?

Well, I also have talked to my oldest daughter and she just doesn't want to see us hurt, but understands our want to help. She even mentioned maybe we can get a child that is around her child's age and they can grow up together. Crying again. :) I adore my grandson and would love to give him an aunt or uncle to play with. He's got 6 already so a few more would be icing on the cake. :)

The icing on my cake came today. I had an opportunity to call my mom and talk to her about our thoughts. She was aware of none of it. I was prepared for her to say I was crazy, nuts, or psycho, but you know what she said? She said she understood and supported our decision and not only that, but that if she were a little younger, SHE would want to adopt a young child as well. Tears, tears, tears. We serve an amazing God and we are so blessed. I'm excited about our future and wait for God to push us forward.

1 comment:

  1. You are determined to keep me from catching up with you. ;-)

    That's okay just makes it more of a challenge. LOL

    Seriously though, I completely understand! When God has given you so many blessings, why wouldn't you want more? :-)

    Keep us posted on how things progress. I'll be praying for y'all!

    ReplyDelete