Friday, April 13, 2012

The Lightkeepers Review

I just finished watching The Lightkeepers,  a delightful DVD I borrowed from my local library. This movie stars Richard Dreyfuss, Blythe Danner, Mamie Gummer and Tom Wisdom.

The characters are Seth (Dreyfuss), "John Brown" (Wisdom), Mrs. Bascom (Danner) and Ruth (Gummer). Seth is the lighthouse keeper and can't keep helpers as he is a sourly old goat who is also a woman hater. No sooner than his helper quits, John Brown washes up on shore and takes the assistant position, with the agreement that he won't ask questions concerning Seth as long as Seth doesn't ask him questions either. Much to Seth's delight, John is also a woman hater.

Mrs. Bascom is Ruth's attendant and they come to the Cape in order to relax. They stay in the one cottage that is next door to the lighthouse.

I can't reveal anything else because I don't want to spoil this for you. I do recommend you watch it. It's a sweet movie of love and forgiveness.


No comments:

Post a Comment