Monday, April 30, 2012

Quick Getaway :)

Tom, my awesome husband, and I ran away from home yesterday for a quick getaway. A time for us to de-stress and just enjoy being together. The only thing I did to help him was to find a ride for Courtney and Nathanael to their last co-op class today. The rest was his doings. And, I must say, he did good. :)

First we went to Ennis, Tx. Not exactly my favorite town, but, we went to the drive-in theater. That was fun. We saw two movies. One was Lucky One starring Zac Efron. It was ok, not my favorite and not one I would watch again. The second movie was The Hunger Games. That one was pretty interesting. I haven't read the books but did enjoy the movie. Anyway, we left the drive-in around 1 a.m. and hit a local hotel. The next morning we got up, ate a leisurely (free) breakfast at the hotel, then went to Grapevine Mills Mall.

At the mall, we first went to the aquarium. It was worth the money we spent there. Had a good time looking at some of the awesome water dwellers God has created. So many beautiful colors and shapes. :) I have some pictures below so you can see as well.

After the aquarium, we went to eat at Rain Forest Cafe. The food was good but it sure was loud when the gorilla and monkey's started making noise.

After walking around the mall and enjoying some chocolate goodies (btw, I like chocolate haystacks!), we started home. On the way, we had to stop at the grocery store for supper. Now that we're home, I will be going to go cook now. But, here are some pictures as promised....


No comments:

Post a Comment