From their website: "History should be exciting and that's exactly what it is with this Once-a-Week Unit Study. Kids experience life in early America as they learn about the 13 original colonies."
- FUN, NO PREP, 6-week unit study
- Appropriate for grades 2-12
- Enjoy family devotionals that focus on “faith”
- Children choose from a wide variety of quality, library reading selections that focus on the establishment of colonies in the New World
- Enjoy classic family read-alouds
- Voyage back in time to the founding of America and meet brave men and women of extraordinary faith
- Create and maintain a simple history timeline
- Learn geography
- Children research and report on a colony of their choosing
- Make Early American crafts
- Research other lands
- Learn life skills
- Get to know some famous artists of the time
- Meet the Pilgrims and discover life in the 1600s
- Enjoy creative language assignments
- Meet famous leaders
- Do a crossword puzzle
- Watch documentaries
- Enjoy educational, family field trips
- Have some fun with "Stump Your Dad Trivia"
What intrigued me first was the mention of this study being once a week, not daily, "no prep", so I signed up. After working through the lessons, I am sad to report that this is not for us. Not only do I have to make time to go to the library to gather the books, but it took me searching four separate libraries to find most of the books I needed for just one lesson. I never did find all of them. Going to all the different libraries takes up too much of my time. I will say that I did appreciate the inclusion of the call numbers as that helped expedite the process. Maybe if I didn't have a house full of kiddos having to go here, there, and everywhere it would be easier to add this study to our homeschool work week. I can definitely tell you that it would be an asset to our learning so maybe this will work better for us during our off periods like winter or summer break. I do believe this could replace a normal history course as well.
So, in a nutshell, this wasn't for us but it is a very educational unit study and it's Biblically based which I like.
Disclaimer: As a member of the TOS Crew, I received this product, at no cost to me, in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are my own.