Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Gazpacho

Gazpacho sounds like something you'd say when someone sneezes. :) It's actually a cold soup. I've never eaten it before today so I don't have anything to compare it to. BUT, I will tell you about it anyway. In the book I'm reviewing, Raw Food for Dummies, the recipe for Gazpacho calls for tomatoes, celery, cucumber, lemon juice, EVOO, salt, pepper, green onion, and avocado. I like all of those ingredients except celery but I included it just so I could be fair to the recipe.

After I diced everything I could, I pulverized all but the onion and avocado. You're only supposed to pulverize half of it but since I don't like celery, I just did it all. Then I added in the avocado and onion. I actually used chives so I guess I did cheat on the ingredients just a little. I also splurged at Sprouts today and bought some Himalayan salt just to see what the big hoopla is over this. (For the record, it tastes like salt but it's pretty and pink.)

Anyway, the soup isn't bad. I'm not a big cold soup fan but for variety, I may add this to my monthly plan. It does have texture to it, so I guess if you want it super smooth, you'd need to strain it. It doesn't bother me, unless I get a chunk of celery, then I might have a problem.




2 comments:

  1. you must be Hannah's mom! it has been a blessing getting to know Hannah through her blog these past few months. also, I am not sure if I would like a cold soup. maybe in Texas--but not up north in the winter ;)
    floral&fudge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel :) Yes I AM Hannah's mom and Little Prince's Grammy. :) I'm glad to meet you. The soup was good but I agree, not in a cold winter state. :) Thanks for stopping by!! Have a blessed day!

      Delete