Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

Today was an interesting day. I prayed to God that if He wanted me up and at the Sunrise Service at our church, that He'd wake me up. Well, I was awake at 4, rolled out of bed at 4:19, and was out the door at 5 a.m. along with all of my kids. (Natalie drove herself and left about 5 minutes after us.) So, Tom, me, Courtney, Nate, Wes, Marcee & Bethany were out the door at 5 a.m. Pretty impressive. :) Gotta give God the glory! We are NOT morning people here! :)

Got to church and started setting up chairs outside. People came. We had a lovely Sunrise Service from 6 to almost 7. Went inside and ate fruit, bagels, empanadas, cheesecake bites, toast, and muffins. I decided I was tired and went and laid down on the sofa in Tom's office around 8. Natalie was in there already dozing in a chair. Didn't take long and we were both snoozing. :) I woke up at 8:45 and went out to meet and greet my friends. :)

Then we had Sunday school and church. The awesome part: one young lady was baptized. Rosie is Bethany's best friend and we love her dearly. This was so special to watch. :)

After church we ran over to Rosie's house to give hugs to her family and they blessed us with a few plates of food. We couldn't stay though as we already had plans to be with my family for lunch. So, we ran over to our oldest daughter's house and enjoyed fellowship with Hannah, our son-in-law Andrew, our gorgeous grandson Carson, my lovely mom, Janie,  and "The Best Baked-Bean Chef" /step-dad, Dale. We feasted on ham, mashed potatoes, homemade macaroni and cheese, and yeast rolls. It was delicious!

When we came home, I worked on the project for our weapons class in co-op tomorrow, decided I was super sleepy, took a 2 hour nap (or was that 2.5 hrs?), and now I'm writing this blog post. :)

Still need to hide eggs for the kids to go find. :) Since it rained earlier today I wanted to give the grass time to dry. If it's still wet, guess we'll be hunting eggs another day. That's ok. Because the main focus today is on Jesus. He lived, died, and is alive today. I am blessed. :) And, huge kudos to my King for making sure I was up and on time for services. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment