Thursday, January 17, 2013

Chicken Tacos...It's What's For Dinner

Today I visited with my oldest daughter and my awesome grandson. He's so precious. I love it when he calls me Nammy. I'm actually supposed to be Grammy but oh well. I'll take it. :)

Anyway, it was time for me to leave and I knew I needed to stop by Kroger to get something to fix for supper. I just didn't know what to fix. Nothing sounded good. So, Hannah suggested I get a rotisserie chicken and some flour tortillas to make chicken tacos. Hmmm. Sounds good. So, I went to the store and bought two chickens (I'm feeding 8 people tonight so I figured I might need two) and fresh flour tortillas.

I have now shredded the chicken. I will warm up the awesome pinto beans we had the other night so we will have a side dish. I already have lettuce and sour cream. Sounds yummy, huh?

One thing I decided to do after I was deboning the chicken was to make a stock from the bones so I saved them and will work on that tomorrow. Tonight I'm going to help my hubby with a project at church so I don't have time to cook it tonight. We'll see how that works. Hope it's not a waste.

Anyway, here's a photo of my shredded chicken and the bag it came in in case you wanted to try it yourself.



Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment